Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
My favorite SEO Chrome extension
Yes, this is sponsored but I genuinely love Glen Allsopp's (aka @viperchill) Detailed SEO Chrome extension. It's my go-to tool for checking on-page SEO for my sites and our customer's sites. Just this week, I used it to:
- find a Schema error on a client site
- inspect some H2s that actually ended up being H1s
- discover some messy internal links
I really can't recommend this tool enough. It's used by 7,000+ people working in SEO and totally free. Click here to read more about it and add to Chrome.
1. Feedback as a Service
We (Animalz) just launched a new package we're calling Feedback as a Service. It's designed for companies with an in-house content team who wants guidance, coaching and oversight:
- We help you create or refine your content strategy
- We review your editorial calendar
- We edit the articles your team writes
If you want to learn more or chat with us, check out the landing page.
2. The Art of ‘Something From Nothing’
I've mentioned Rich Barton in this newsletter before (see here and here) and found this article to be really refreshing. He founded Expedia, Glassdoor and Zillow on the same principle: provide transparency to previously opaque industries.
In conversation, he blends business buzzwords like “transparency” and “opacity” with the language of liberation movements, using the slogan “power to the people” to describe the philosophy behind many of his businesses.
3. Cloudflare's DNS Content Hub - Part 1: SEO (8.0K keywords)
If you love a really deep dive on SEO, you're gonna love this post from Scott Mathson. He analyzes the success of content hub that Cloudflare created. It's really interesting for anyone wanting to learn about how to dominate a cluster of important search queries.
4. Tweet of the Week
5. Random Links
- This VP of SEO job at HomeAdvisor looks legit.
- My coworker Haley is hosting online workouts on Mondays at 6:30pm. I went last week, was very sore and had a great time.
- This is awesome: "I’ve Lived In Studio Apartments Less Roomy Than This Truck Bed Camper"
- A very cool data analysis: Why Michael Jordan Was The Best
Have a great weekend!
PS - Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 550+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
PPPS - I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.