Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
1. Check out the new Animalz website
We’ve come a long way since our first website.
To honor the occasion, my teammate Devin Bramhall wrote a piece reflecting on the growth strategies that got us where we are today which you can read here.
If you find yourself frustrated with tools like Slack but have never been able to pinpoint exactly why, this article is for you. Kevin Kwok explains how Slack is a collaboration catch-all. It (1) fills in the gaps between tools that should have better collaboration built it and (2) compensates for poor processes. H/t @smalter for the interesting read.
Slack is not air traffic control that coordinates everything. It’s 911 for when everything falls apart.
Every slack message about a new document your feedback is wanted on or coordinating about what a design should look like is a failing of process or tools. Slack is exception handling. When there’s no other way to make sure someone sees and update, or knows context, Slack is the 911 that can be used.
I stumbled across this list while researching and found a ton of good stuff on it.
4. Peloton Is a Phenomenon. Can It Last?
They currently have more than 500,000 paying subscribers and less than 1% monthly customer churn. How many SaaS businesses would love numbers like that??
5. Random Links
- We are hiring a sales rep. This is not a traditional sales role. Check it out and please pass along to anyone you know who might be a good fit!
- I don’t think it’s worth $350 plus $30/month but I am intrigued by the Light Phone.
- I just finished One Summer: America, 1927 and really enjoyed it. It’s a thorough account of the very eventful summer of 1927. If you like history, you’ll dig this.
- Runners: I think you’ll enjoy the Morning Shakeout newsletter
- This excerpt from a book about Flight 93 is gripping.
Have a great weekend!
PS - Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.