Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Scribewise
Big branding projects can be exhausting. They eat up a lot of energy and resources. And when you’re finally finished—just when it’s time to start promoting your exciting new brand—all the momentum is gone.
It shouldn’t be this way. Scribewise has just published a new ebook detailing how to turn your story into marketing that works—without all the headaches.
I know I share a lot of Morgan Housel’s articles in this newsletter, but he just keeps on delivering. I especially liked this bit:
Respecting luck as much as you respect risk. Both are the idea that outcomes can be influenced by events outside of your control. If risk is what happens when you make good decisions but end up with a bad outcome, luck is what happens when you make bad or mediocre decisions but end up with a great outcome.
This post is not what you think. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes with it and likely longer. It’ll be worth it.
This is a Chrome extension that adds some interesting functionality to Google Calendar. I’ve only just starting testing it, but it seems promising.
5. Random Links
- My friends at Indio are hiring a content marketing manager in SF. They have a great team and this looks like a great gig.
- Here’s an interesting demand generation gig in Philly at Curalate. Another very cool job.
- I thought this was a really interesting read: The Ultra-Running Domestic Workers of Hong Kong
- Another good read: Self-serve first: the overlooked but essential paradigm underlying great software companies
- And one more: How Your Brain Can Trick You Into Trusting People
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!