Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Scribewise
Big branding projects can be exhausting. They eat up a lot of energy and resources. And when you’re finally finished—just when it’s time to start promoting your exciting new brand—all the momentum is gone.
It shouldn’t be this way. Scribewise has just published a new ebook detailing how to turn your story into marketing that works—without all the headaches.
Download Actionable Branding: How to Turn Your Story into Marketing That Works
1. Use These 8 Content Creation Lanes to Flesh Out Your Strategy
Here are a few ways to create content that helps you grow traffic as part of larger, comprehensive strategy. Don’t just pick a lane because it seems like the content would be fun to work on—choose the lane(s) that are closest to your product and core audience.
📚 Template Library
📝 Meta Content
💻 Use-Case Content
💡 Thought Leadership
🔗 Hub and Spoke
2. Good Ideas Can’t Be Scheduled
Another gem of a post from Morgan Housel.
Good ideas are sporadic. They can’t be scheduled. That’s true whether we’re talking about good investing ideas or good marketing ideas or good product ideas. Remembering that you care about your deadline but the rest of the world doesn’t even know about it is an important part of setting expectations.
3. Naval Ravikant on the Joe Rogan Podcast
One of my favorite podcast episodes ever. Naval is a fascinating guy.
4. Tweet of the Week
H/t @thinking_slow for pointing this out. Very interesting.
5. Random Links
- Here's a tool to block background noise while you're on calls. (Recommended by Corey Haines)
- I thought this was pretty useful: How to format Slack messages
- I hate this title but it's an interesting article: Need a summer reading list? Stanford professors say these 5 books will boost your success and value in life
- Obv: Dog Owners Get More Exercise
- Here are 26 (Unexpected) 3D Printing Use Cases
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!