Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Superpath is helping a few companies fill roles right now:
- MadKudu is looking for a product/content marketing manager. This is an awesome opportunity for a strong writer who's interested in product marketing.
- PhoneBurner is looking for a director of marketing. This is a legit director role—you'll run a team, lead marketing strategy and report to the exec team.
- Insider is looking for a content marketing director to lead the company's US content marketing.
1. The Stretch Goal Paradox
Most folks appreciate the value of small wins, but here's a look at the same idea from another angle. I loved this article.
A great deal of other anecdotal evidence from sports, business, and government, as well as systematic evidence from the fields of psychology and organizational science, suggests that organizations should take bold, risky actions when they are strong rather than weak. That may sound intuitive, but our research indicates that it is not obvious to most organizations.
2. The Economics of Vending Machines
This is a little obscure but really interesting.
3. Mr. Money Mustache: How I Retired at 30
I'm a sucker for this kind of thing and am fan of MMM. I'm not really a FIRE person, but there are some great ideas in here.
4. Tweet of the Week
5. Random Links
- This is cool: Screenshot Essays
- I dig it: How To Sleep Well And Wake Up Full Of Energy
- An interesting tweet: What are the Lambda School equivalent programs for other verticals (finance, real estate, etc)
- I subscribed to the Dithering podcast recently and I really enjoy it.
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- I started a business called Superpath. We help content marketers hone their skills. You can check it out here.
- I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 1,100+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.