Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
My friend Glen Allsopp (aka @viperchill) is offering mini SEO audits for just $40. He did one for the Animalz blog and caught several major issues that I’d missed. Best of all, he turns them around in just 72 hours. I can’t recommend this highly enough.
Learn more about Glen’s audits here
If you work in content marketing, will you please take my annual content salary survey? I publish all the data. I use to inform our job board customers and you can use to make sure you're appropriately compensated. It will take you about five minutes to do.
This is a really good article. Well done, Bud Hennekes.
I came across the "End of History Illusion" in The Psychology of Money. (Highly recommend the book btw.) I found it to perfectly describe my own life.
When we remember our past selves, they seem quite different. We know how much our personalities and tastes have changed over the years. But when we look ahead, somehow we expect ourselves to stay the same, a team of psychologists said Thursday, describing research they conducted of people’s self-perceptions.
I'm toying with putting one of these on in January...
5. Random Links
- I've got two new jobs on the Superpath job board: Senior Manager, Editorial @ ActiveCampaign and Senior Account Executive, Content Marketing @ Scribewise.
- The road to nirvana: Or how to figure out your B2B GTM
- Lessons learned from writing for Stripe (this is really good)
- Hang in there: Our brains struggle to process this much stress
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- I started a business called Superpath. We help content marketers hone their skills with our courses, networking, office hours, content and community. You can check it out here.
- I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 1,600+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.