Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Scribewise
Join us on April 13 for "Marketing for Humans"
Scribewise is hosting a virtual event on April 13 to talk about breaking down the barriers between companies and their customers. B2B buyers are humans, not robots. Let's treat them that way.
All proceeds will be donated to charitable organizations designated by each speaker.
1. This Is the Secret to Business and Artistic Success
I know, the title sounds gimmicky but I promise this article from Ryan Holiday is quite good. My favorite line:
How can you do a good job of making stuff for your customers if you don’t have a relationship with them? The short answer is, you can’t. Publishers are quick to tell authors about what audiences like and don’t like, but where are they getting this information? Not from the source, that’s for sure!
This is why I schedule a call with every new Superpath Pro member, handle all my own customer support and spend a lot of time hanging out in our Slack community. It can be tedious at times, but it's the only way to really know the customer.
2. Tips from neuroscience to keep you focused on hard tasks
Your ability to focus is actually a competitive advantage at this point.
3. Tweet of the Week #1
I'm sorry that I don't know who the artist is. I wish I could give them proper credit because this is hilarious.
4. Tweet of the Week #2
Jan's threads are ridiculously good. Read it for an example of tweestorms at their absolute best and learn something about VC in the process.
5. Random Links
- We have a bunch of amazing content marketing opportunities on our job board right now.
- In case you need a reminder: Say "Yes" to Start Your Career, Say "No" to Advance It
- I discovered Tyler Childers' music recently and am loving it. The top comment on this YouTube video says it all: "I thought I didn't like country music. Turns out I just haven't been listening to the correct country music."
- Some interesting thoughts on "backchannel marketing"
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- I started a business called Superpath. We help content marketers hone their skills with our courses, networking, office hours, content and community. You can check it out here.
- I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 2,300+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.