Hope you're having a great week. This is one of those issues where I dump a bunch of random links that I've been sitting on. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Scribewise
Scribewise is hosting a virtual event on April 13 to talk about breaking down the barriers between companies and their customers. B2B buyers are humans, not robots. Let's treat them that way.
All proceeds will be donated to charitable organizations designated by each speaker.
- Technically.dev is a cool newsletter non-technical people can learn about technical topics. See: AWS for the rest of us
- This writeup of Zapier is insane, as are the rest of Sacra's analyses: Zapier: The $7B Netflix of Productivity
- The Mess at Medium: It's really a bummer to see Medium cutting its editorial arm. Marker and OneZero were truly great publications.
- The Business of Belonging looks like an interesting book, I'm planning to check it out.
- Here's a great post from Nick Moore at Animalz: Persuade Like a Lawyer: How to Write to Convince a Jury of Readers
- Interesting: Writing a user manual at work makes teams less anxious and more productive
- This is cool: Technical SEO for Shopify
- I'm not sure how I feel about this: Be a Schedule Builder, Not a To-Do List Maker
- This is good (s/o to JH!): Our Analysis of the 150+ Best Customer Case Studies
- Good article and great title: Making Self-Care Tactical — Why You Should Focus on Boundaries, Not Just Bubble Baths
- Sounds basic but I liked this: What is "the funnel"?
- I'm kinda over the Stoic trend but still found this helpful: These 12 Stoic Strategies Will Slay Your Stress
- Simple advice that's actually really good: "But there is probably nothing you can do right now for your career that will pay bigger long term dividends than consciously improving your ability to focus for sustained periods of time."
- Yes, this is so true. "Why isn't sales training a bigger part of MBA programs?"
- More thoughts on sales, this time from Naval: "Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable."
- We have so many good jobs on our job right now!
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- I started a business called Superpath. We help content marketers hone their skills with our courses, networking, office hours, content and community. You can check it out here.
- I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 2,300+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.