Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Scribewise
Join us on April 13 for "Marketing for Humans"
Scribewise is hosting a virtual event on April 13 to talk about breaking down the barriers between companies and their customers. B2B buyers are humans, not robots. Let's treat them that way.
All proceeds will be donated to charitable organizations designated by each speaker.
1. We're hosting DEI event today
I don't normally plug this kind of thing, but I'm really excited about this. Marquis White, a diversity strategist, will be doing an AMA on hiring diverse teams and building inclusive cultures in our Slack community today. It's free and a great place to learn/connect. Hope to see ya there.
2. Your Strategic Plans Probably Aren’t Strategic, or Even Plans
We hear and use the word "strategy" so often that it's worth taking a minute to reflect on what it really means.
...While C-suite executives talk “strategy,” they’re often confused about what it means. Why this confusion? The problem starts with the word itself — a scarily misunderstood concept in management and board circles. The most basic mix-up is between “objective,” “strategy,” and “action.” Grasp this, I tell my audience, and your day will be well spent.
3. YC's first ever batch. Where are they now?
This is really interesting. And a tweet thread is a perfect way to tell this story.
4. Tweet of the Week
Me, every day.
5. Random Links
- I dig this: The power of assuming positive intent
- Have you seen Flow Club? I'm trying it today for the first time.
- This story is insane. Doordash and Pizza Arbitrage
- This is a cool article: In The Early Days, You Won’t Have Enough Customers. But Your Mini-Brand Will Come to Your Rescue.
- I love this idea from Daniel Zarick: Working In Bets: Iterating through doubt and uncertainty on your startup
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- I started a business called Superpath. We help content marketers hone their skills with our courses, networking, office hours, content and community. You can check it out here.
- I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 2,300+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.