Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Kara Swisher’s interview with author Scott Galloway on happiness is really worth listening to. One line that stuck out to me: “The ratio of time you spend sweating to watching other people sweat is a forward-looking indicator of your happiness.”
This is a great article. Sorry about the paywall (WSJ).
...Precocious achievement is the exception, not the norm. The fact is, we mature and develop at different rates. All of us will have multiple cognitive peaks throughout our lives, and the talents and passions that we have to offer can emerge across a range of personal circumstances, not just in formal educational settings focused on a few narrow criteria of achievement. Late bloomers are everywhere once you know to look for them. Shifting our attention in this way can spare us much of the unhappiness generated by our worship of youthful success.
Here’s the latest episode of the Animalz podcast, where we talk about the not-so-secret secret to content promotion.
My colleague Nick Moore is a great Twitter follow.
5. Random Links
- Reminder: I started a Slack community for content marketers to talk about career growth. 150+ people have already signed up. Request to join here.
- My friends at Lattice are hiring a head of content. Looks like a great gig.
- Thank you Elise Dopson for a shout-out in her piece on ecommerce content marketing.
- So interesting: How Did James Holzhauer Turn ‘Jeopardy!’ Into His Own A.T.M.?
- Quick question: Do you support people on Patreon? If so, who? I’m eager to find some interesting people to follow.
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!