Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Ahrefs
Free Ahrefs Advice: Tip 2 of 4
Here’s the second in a series of quick Ahrefs tutorials. This is a tool I use on a daily basis—I consider it a necessity for content and SEO folks. I’m making a series of tutorials about how I use the product. Here’s this week’s video: how to find your competitors’ weak spots.
Here’s a great post from my coworker Devin Bramhall on how to give and receive feedback. As it turns out, this is key to scaling a team. We also recorded a podcast (link in the post) on this same topic. Enjoy!
Most marketers feel like they don’t have enough traffic, but they can’t quantify it. Here are a few alternative ways to measure the health of your content.
3. Here are few cool job openings:
- Director of Storytelling & Content @ Hipcamp (SF)
- Lifecycle Content Marketer @ Clearbit (SF or remote)
- Video Content Marketer @ Podia (remote)
- Director of Marketing @ Close.io (remote)
We had a remote pizza party at Animalz this (and we are hiring too).
5. Random Links
- Reminder: We launched a free tool called Revive to find content decay on your blog.
- This interactive piece on the Notre Dame fire is incredible.
- This retreat for women working in marketing/growth in Denver next month looks really cool.
- Sean Blanda is offering some free office hours. Highly recommended!
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!