Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Ahrefs
Ahrefs Tip 1 of 4
Here’s the first in a series of quick Ahrefs tutorials. This is a tool I use on a daily basis—I consider it a necessity for content and SEO folks. Here’s this week’s tutorial: how to earn more traffic to your existing content.
Earlier this week, we launched a tool called Revive. It’s a free tool that plugs into your Google Analytics and finds content decay.
Why should you care about content decay? Most sites we look at are losing a lot of traffic to the slow, gradual decline of organic traffic. It’s replaced by traffic to new content, but that means you’re always working two steps forward, one step back.
I’m a sucker for posts like this and always draw little inspiration from them.
3. Here are few cool job openings:
- Marketing Director @ Sapphire Ventures (SF)
- Head of Marketing @ Qwilr (remote or Sydney)
- Senior Content Manager @ Vero (remote)
- Content Marketing Editor @ Animalz (remote)
5. Random Links
- Thanks very much to the Inbound Success podcast and the My Wife Quit Her Job podcast for having me on.
- This is a great story: The World’s Fastest (Old) Man
- The Brandwagon interview series from Wistia looks very cool.
- For those of us that have A/B tested something with like 50 inputs: A Data-Driven Marketers’ Guide to Calculating Statistical Significance
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!