Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Zoho
Create a social media marketing strategy in 7 easy steps.
Your social media strategy is the cornerstone of all your activities on social media. That's why it's important to get it right. We've put together this little guide to help you—Read on, because it's never too late to perfect it.
There is no correlation between the time invested in content and the performance of that content. This is either the best thing about content marketing or the most frustrating. It just depends on how you look at it.
Here are some ways to use that to your advantage.
Here are 100+ Google Sheets templates for audits, competitor research, analytics, scraping and more. This is a really great resource.
Thanks to Rodolphe Dutel for assembling this great list (which includes Animalz).
5. Random Links
- Kieran Flanagan and Scott Tousley were kind enough to have me on their podcast, The Growth TL;DR show, to talk about content strategy.
- Intercom is hiring a content marketer to cover a maternity leave. This is a great chance to work with one of the best content teams in SaaS.
- From Zendesk: Content marketing for sales: 6 ideas to address the bottom of the funnel
- On the most recent Animalz podcast, Devin Bramhall and I chat about content marketing reporting.
- I can’t decide how I feel about this article, but it’s a good read: How Millennials Became The Burnout Generation
Have a great weekend!
PS - I finally relaunched my content marketing course, 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 300+ people that taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!