Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
New gigs on the Superpath job board
- Crossbeam is hiring a full-time staff writer (remote)
- OpenSpace is hiring a content marketing manager (SF)
- ActiveCampaign is hiring a growth content marketer (remote)
- Vanilla is hiring a marketing lead (remote)
There is a pattern I've noticed in successful careers. People alternate between big and small companies, or in-house roles and agency roles. It's actually a really great way to gain tons of experience, then specialize. Rinse and repeat.
Occasionally I share the same articles more than once. I do this because I find myself revisiting stuff I've read before but coming away with something new.
I love this piece and have read it 5-6 times over the last few months. Today, I'm thinking about this image and how it could work for my new company. (Hint: we're gonna try it.)
This is a #longread but a really good one. As you might expect, this one "tiny" feature has quite a bit of backstory.
5. Random Links
- I found this Twitter thread on GPT-3 to be really helpful.
- The new DocSend newsletter, created by Nick Frost of Mattermark fame, looks really cool.
- Here's a list of marketing podcasts. I almost never listen to marketing podcasts, but might check some of these out.
- I've become addicted to watching Hamilton videos on YouTube.
Have a great weekend!
PS - Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 1,100+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
PPPS - I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.