Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been writing, reading and pondering lately. Enjoy!
1. 5 Days to Better Content Marketing
I made a free course. It's simple—just five emails over five days with some of the most important lessons I've learned in nearly 10 years of content marketing.
- Lesson 1: Learn how to think BIG about content marketing
- Lesson 2: Stop writing so much content
- Lesson 3: Content that lives alone, dies alone
- Lesson 4: How to never, ever run out of content ideas
- Lesson 5: Learn how to write content that doesn't sound like content marketing
There's no sales pitch and no BS. Check it out and let me know what you think!
2. It’s Great to Suck at Something
I love this post from Karen Rinaldi. Sucking at something is actually really fun if you're interested in the activity. As a bonus, learning new sports like surfing and skiing as an adult is really good for your brain.
So why continue? Why pursue something I’ll never be good at?
Because it’s great to suck at something.
When people hear that I surf, I get a knowing nod of awesomeness from the terra firma-bound. I know what they’re picturing: me on a thruster, carving up and down a wave face until I casually kick out the back to paddle out to the line up for another.
The truth is that most surfers don’t come close to what we see in highlight videos. But pretty’s not the point. The point is the patience and perseverance it requires to get back on the board and try again.
3. How To Be More Productive by Working Less
There's a formula, and Mark Manson explains it in great (and humorous) detail.
4. Soapbox by Wistia
This is a Chrome extension that makes it easy to record your screen and your face at the same time. There are a tons of cool use cases for it. You can quickly edit and share videos to coworkers, customers, etc. Best of all, it's free!
5. Random Links
- This is a great landing page.
- James Clear's recent tweetstorms have been epic.
- Here's a very detailed analysis of how much money people make in the sharing economy.
- Here's a content marketing challenge that's not getting easier anytime soon.
Have a great week!