Hope you're having a great week. I’m back after a week in Arizona, two and a half weeks in Africa, one week of being really sick and a little bit of time off around the holidays. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
1. How We Quadrupled Monthly Traffic With a “Shot in the Arm”
Here’s a quick story about how a single viral blog post catapulted traffic to our entire site.
2. Unfollowing Everybody
I took Anil Dash’s advice and unfollowed 400+ people on Twitter. It felt and still feels amazing.
3. 2020: What a Time To Be Alive
A short and great post from Morgan Housel.
4. Tweet of the Week
5. Random Links
- In case you care, here are all the books I read/listened to in 2019 and a quick word on each.
- This is a cool post from Andy Crestodina: Zero-Waste Marketing
- Thanks to the folks at Wistia for mentioning me in a piece about career growth and another on creativity.
- I recently spent $6 on a knife sharpener and life has never been so good (not an affiliate link).
Have a great weekend!
PS - Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.