Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
1. The Best Workflow Tool Just Got Better
I first started using Airtable about a year ago and it’s changed the way I work. Instead of using an out-of-the-box tool for content and project management, I can just make my own. Blocks take it to the next level. You can now add charts, graphs and all kinds of cool integrations into an Airtable base.
I updated my True North Formula post to include a base using the new Blocks. You can check it out here.
This is not a sponsored post—I just really love this tool.
2. Explore v. Exploit: How to Find the Perfect Content Marketing Formula
Explore/exploit is a psychological concept that has broad implications in business, product and marketing. Hope you enjoy this one.
The explore/exploit idea is especially relevant in content marketing. As we’ve written before, the thing that makes a blog great is usually the thing that makes it hard to replicate. Creating a formula that attracts readers requires a lot of exploring and near-perfect execution.
Here are some guidelines for using the explore/exploit idea with your content.
3. Successful Site Architecture for SEO
The more I learn about site architecture, the more I realize what a missed opportunity it is for content marketers. Great content has a governor on it without a properly designed site. Shout out to Ryan Law for sharing this post with me.
4. Tweetstorm of the Week
I was unfamiliar with the Gestalt Principles and found this thread to be very interesting.
5. Random Links
- It’s hard to feel too bad for them: Amazon didn't kill Toys 'R' Us. Here's what did
- How to Manage a Community of Contributors with input from yours truly.
- I thought this was kind of cool: Jason Fried writing an article in real-time
- Want to see next level content marketing? Check out this piece from Typeform.
- Creepy: Why It Feels Like Facebook Is Listening Through Your Mic
Have a great weekend!
PS - I'm looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPS - I created an email course called 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. More than 300 people have already taken it. You should check it out too.