Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
I think Kevan Lee's newsletter is among the best in marketing and SaaS. In the most recent issue, he shared his reading list. It's full of gems. A few that I've also read (and loved):
- The Psychology of Money (feels cliche to say that Morgan Housel is great, but, hey, he is!)
- Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber
- Shoe Dog
- When Breath Becomes Air
- On Writing Well
Here's a presentation I gave for the wonderful folks at Forget the Funnel. It's a few years old, but it still holds up.
In this workshop, Jimmy walks through — in great detail! — the top three ways to prove content marketing ROI. These include:
- Deciding what and how you'll measure
- Showing your work with great reporting
- Navigating company cultural challenges
3. Random Links
- I'm looking for a few B2B SaaS writers.
- We live in a "hyphen-first" world.
- Here's Kevin Kelly's 103 Bits of Advice I Wish I Had Known, a piece he wrote to celebrate his 70th birthday.
- I like the idea of a "launchpad business."
- I've really been enjoying the Business Breakdowns podcast recently. The HelloFresh episode is a good one to start with.
Have a great weekend!
The Bulletin Board
- Check out the free Superpath Slack community.
- Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
- If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,500+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.