Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading, writing and pondering lately. Enjoy!
Sponsored by Zoho
Create a social media marketing strategy in 7 easy steps.
Your social media strategy is the cornerstone of all your activities on social media. That's why it's important to get it right. We've put together this little guide to help you—Read on, because it's never too late to perfect it.
I listen to a lot of podcasts and I wasn’t familiar with most of these. Time to binge.
Tbh, I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to design. As a writer, I’m mostly interested in clean, friendly reading experiences. But this article raises an excellent point: “One of the fundamental principles of design is a deep and meaningful connection between form and content.”
If nothing else, you’ll want to check out the examples of site designs that break the mold.
Spotify playlist included in this one.
In fact, listening to that one song — “Weightless” — resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants’ overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates.
Yes, it’s my own tweet but all credit for the clever email goes to The Writer.
5. Random Links
- This is amazing: 100 Dog Tweets From 2018 That I Guarantee Will Make You Laugh
- An insightful take from CharlieHR: We tried unlimited holiday for three years. Here's everything that went wrong.
- Here are the winners of the 2018 National Geographic photo contest.
- Take care of yourself this holiday season: Christmas Is a Peak Time for Heart Attacks
- Book recommendation: Wager with the Wind (It’s a biography of Don Sheldon, a legendary Alaskan bush pilot.)
Have a great weekend!
PS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPS - I'm now an official Ghost partner. I've been using Ghost to run my blog for years and I absolutely love it. If you signup for Ghost with my link I do get a commission, but you get an incredibly powerful and simple way to manage your website. Markdown ftw!