Anytime I come across an interesting article, I save it in Evernote for future issues of Swipe File. Sometimes, that notebook is overflowing and needs to be cleaned out. So here are a bunch of things I've been meaning to share. Enjoy!
Build Your Career in Digital Marketing
Springboard has launched the first digital marketing course to personally train you towards a digital marketing job. With one-to-one mentorship from your own digital marketing expert and a personalized job search strategy with a career coach who has relationships with hiring managers in the industry, you'll be on the fast track to accelerating your digital marketing career. Spots are filling out fast for the first cohort—apply now before you miss out!
- The internet is weird --> The War To Sell You A Mattress Is An Internet Nightmare
- Oh my god. How Facebook Figures Out Everyone You've Ever Met
- Here's a great piece by my friend Ernie Smith: FeedBurner History: Why Google Can't Kill It
- And here's a casual 13,000-word article from CB Insights. From Alibaba to Zynga: 21 Of The Best VC Bets Of All Time And What We Can Learn From Them
- Facebook and Google are bringing back the company town.
- Here's a great quote from Brad Stulberg: Faith: confidence born from realizing the fruits of practice.
- A useful post from Morgan Housel: 23 Books That Changed My Life
- Here's Berkshire Hathaway's owner's manual, originally penned by Warren Buffet in 1983.
- Smart stuff from James Clear: Identity-Based Habits: How to Actually Stick to Your Goals
- More smart stuff from Shane Parrish: The Difference Between Open-Minded and Closed-Minded People
- Love this idea: Do "Bad Work" When You're in a Productivity Slump
- On Writing Well is the most useful writing book I've ever come across.
- I've shared this before but it's a great idea: Disagree And Commit - A Management Principle For Highly Functioning Teams
- It's almost ski season here in Colorado, which reminds that it's a really good idea for adults to learn and play new sports.
- Intercom is hiring an editor. This job looks awesome.
- Here's why design can be a barrier to great marketing emails.
Have a great weekend!
PS - I'm looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPS — I made a free email course for content marketers. Grab it here.