Here are a few things I've been reading and pondering lately. Enjoy this week's issue and if you're feeling inspired, pass it on.
1. Work Worries
I love this visual from A Learning a Day (one of the best daily blogs out there).
There are 3 things we do control –
- Investing in ourselves
- Seeking out growth and learning in our work. (This is the start of a beautiful cycle. We love work that enables us to learn and grow. And, when we love our work, we do great work.)
- Being conscious in our interactions with ourselves and others.
When was the last time we spent time worrying about these things?
2. Harnessing Behavioral Psychology for a Rich Life
This is a podcast interview with Ramit Sethi, one of my all-time favorite thinkers. He's a straight-shooter and this interview is loaded with interesting advice and helpful stories.
3. Working with Pen and Paper
Chris Bowler shares some productivity strategies that rely on nothing but a pen and paper. He also recommends a few of his favorite notebooks and offers some of his reasoning for opting out of most digital productivity tools. (h/t Josh Pigford)
4. Tweet of the Week
The card I've carried in my notebook#YesWeCan pic.twitter.com/0XsDwdRWQw— DJ Patil (@DJ44) January 11, 2017
5. Random Links
- I'm hiring some freelance writers. Learn more here.
- This is cool --> A template for creating a great beer list
- AskReddit: What's the most unhealthy thing that society encourages us to do?
- Thanks Janessa Lantz for including me in this list of content marketers to watch in 2017.
- Library Extension shows if you Amazon books are available at your local library (h/t Austin Kleon)
- More creating, less consuming
Have a great week!