Finishing your day is just as important as starting it. On his blog, Eric Barker explains why an evening ritual can help you enjoy your time after work.
- Have a “shutdown ritual.” Write down worries and make a plan for tomorrow. Work is over.
- Turn weeknights into weekends. Weekends are happier because of time with friends. So see friends. Not hard.
- Mastery, not TV. Hobbies make you happier. Spend nights getting awesome at something.
- Wind down, don’t collapse. No screens. No coffee. No skydiving.
- Never go to bed angry with your partner. Kiss and make up. And kiss. And kiss some more.
- Write down the good stuff that happened. Force your brain to think about the good and life will be good.
- Schedule something to look forward to. Anticipation is like 401K matching for happiness. Double the happies.
Check out the post to learn why this is important, along with more detailed descriptions of each suggestion.
Have a great day!
Swipe File is a short newsletter that delivers a small dose of inspiration each morning.