To mark the end of the year, here's a list of my favorite articles of 2016. (These were featured in 2016, but not necessarily written in 2016.) There's no particular order and I assure you that every link is worth reading. Add them to Instapaper and tackle at your leisure.
Thanks for your part in making 2016 a great year. I'm incredibly optimistic about 2017 and really looking forward to continuing this journey together. Take care and see you in the New Year!
- Start a business, save the world
- Fire and Motion
- Life Is Short
- Elon Musk’s Ex-Wife on What It Takes to Be a Mogul
- Why ego diversification is the key to less stress
- The [already done / still to come] ratio
- The Real Secret to Turning Pro
- The 1% of a long-lasting career
- What we can learn from criminals
- Why adults should play sports
- Either “HELL YEAH!” or “no.”
- Dan Lyons' Year in Startup Hell
- [Midlife shouldn't be boring](8 Ways You Can Survive — And Thrive In — Midlife)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- Writing isn’t writing. It’s rewriting.
- There’s no speed limit.
- The Difference Between a First Draft and Second Draft
- Work in Slow Motion
- Why I Write a Newsletter
- The Work Habits Manifesto
- Letter to My Younger Self
- Power Helps You Live the Good Life by Bringing You Closer to Your True Self
- How to Lead From a Non-Leadership Role
- When Giants Fail
- Blogs Are Libraries, Not Publications
- Lazy Leadership
- Circle of Competence: How Warren Buffett Avoids Problems
Have a great weekend!
PS—My friend Noah Kagan is launching a podcast in a few weeks. Go sign up for his newsletter at okdork.com to hear about it when it launches.