Hope you're having a great week. I've been quiet the past few weeks. I've been busy getting my new company Superpath off the ground, but also at a loss for words. Today's issue will be a little different. I'll give you the scoop on Superpath and share some of resources I'm using to educate myself on systemic racism.
Superpath (proper website coming soon) will be a career resource for content marketers and will include a job board, courses, a newsletter and a podcast. There will also be a recruiting arm to help companies find great people.
I believe that content is a field rich with opportunity but (1) there are few clear career paths and (2) that opportunity is not evenly distributed. I want to help people grow their careers, but my singular experience as a white man in the tech world is hardly representative. I'm still working on the company values but promoting diversity and inclusion will be high on the list.
I'll be interviewing people from many different backgrounds to better understand the content job landscape. I'll use those to guide the products, services and content and I'll publish those interviews so others can learn too.
I hope you'll join me in this journey. You can signup for our email list and get notified when the site launches here
Like many white people, the recent activism has made me realize how much I don't know. I'm trying to educate myself and here are a few resources I'm finding helpful:
- Nicole Cardoza's Anti-Racism Daily Newsletter explains how to make anti-racism part of your daily life.
- I'm a big track and field fan and found this article—Black Track Athletes Share Their Encounters With Racism in America—difficult to read but it opened my eyes.
- Floodlines, a podcast about Hurricane Katrina and the systemic racism that caused the disasters that followed, is absolutely fascinating. Host Vann Newkirk does an excellent job telling a complicated and difficult story.
- Congressman John Lewis' Wikipedia page. Wow, it's truly inspiring.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Don’t understand the protests? What you’re seeing is people pushed to the edge is a must-read.
Have other good resources? Please reply to this email and I'll share them in upcoming issues.
Have a great weekend!
PS - Want to brush up on your content marketing skillz? Check out my course 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. Join 400+ people that have taken and enjoyed it.
PPS - I started a Slack community for content marketers. It's free and there are 550+ wonderful people sharing, learning and looking out for each other. Learn more here.
PPPS - I’ve had some great folks sponsor this newsletter lately. If you’re interested in promoting your product or service to 4,000+ incredibly smart people, reply to this email to chat more.