Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been writing, reading and pondering lately. Enjoy!
1. A Complete Guide to Content Strategy
The answers to these five questions are your content marketing strategy:
- Who will you write for?
- What will you write about?
- When will you publish?
- How will you earn traffic?
- How will you support the business?
This guide helps you answer them.
2. Muda, Mura, Muri: The Three Evils of Manufacturing
I came across this idea while doing research for a post and immediately thought that it could be applied to any workflow. I’d never considered all the different kinds of waste and really appreciate how clearly they are explained here.
In its never-ending quest to improve its production, Toyota has identified the three evils of any manufacturing system: waste (muda), unevenness (mura), and overburden (muri). In this post I will explain the concepts behind these three banes of manufacturing.
3. Fall Asleep Faster by “Off-loading”
A recent study found that “Bedtime worry, including worrying about incomplete future tasks, is a significant contributor to difficulty falling asleep.” The takeaway? Make your to-do list before bed. (I found this in Jocelyn K. Glei's excellent newsletter.)
4. “Meet the Leader” with Jack Ma
My friend Walter Chen sent me this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Topics discussed: female leadership, globalization, wealth, philanthropy and priorities.
5. Random Links
- This is pretty interesting: Uber got two economics PhDs to explain how supply and demand works
- Here’s a tool for keeping track of internal links on your site.
- Here are 75 examples of great content marketing.
- Good stuff: Creating a Culture of Learning at Patreon
Have a great weekend!
PS - I’m looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPS - I created an email course called 5 Days to Better Content Marketing. More than 300 people have already taken it. You should check it out too.