Hope you're having a great week. Here are a few things I've been reading and pondering lately. Enjoy!
I recently made the switch from Mailchimp to ConvertKit and I'm loving it for a few reasons:
- It's much easier to create automated campaigns.
- The form builder is better and comes with analytics.
- Subscribers are counted once, regardless of how many lists they're on.
If you're in the market for a new email tool, check out ConvertKit.
1. Why Smart People Make Bad Decisions
As I mentioned last week, Morgan Housel's writing is just great. Here's another example.
The key line:
Average people can often learn faster than the superintelligent, because the superintelligent try to cram the real world into the theories they’ve been taught, while average folks are better at accepting the real world at face value.
2. How Much Money Does an Entrepreneur Make?
Really interesting video from Noah Kagan (whose YouTube Channel is really good).
3. To Stay Productive, Stay Busy
A short and interesting read from Tobias van Schneider on how to stay busy doing real work.
For me, being in constant motion also helps me with writing. I oftentimes don’t know what to write about, but I still sit down, and write whatever is on my mind. Soon enough, I have a little article right in front of me.
Always keep moving.
4. How to take Fridays “off” (and still be insanely productive)
This is probably easier for people who work for themselves, but it's a template anyone can borrow from. Written by the very interesting and thoughtful Sol Orwell.
It comes down to flipping the way you think about Fridays on its head. Rather than using Fridays for busy work, carve out time for three things you probably don’t do enough of during the week: Learning, connecting, and planning.
Here’s what a typical Friday now looks like for me:
5. Random Links
- My friend Bryan Harris is hiring a content creator. This looks like a great gig.
- Ramit Sethi breaks down the math behind 1,000 true fans.
- The Hurry Slowly podcast looks good.
- Here's a really simple way to get keyword ideas.
- I like meditation apps, but there is a certain irony to them.
- Love this: A quick beginner’s guide to drawing
Have a great weekend!
PS - I'm looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.
PPS — I made a free email course for content marketers. Grab it here.