This is one of those newsletters where I email-vomit a bunch of random, but interesting and useful links. I think you'll dig it.
Did you know Quizzes can be used to generate leads?
That's right, you can set up quizzes just like the ones you see all over Facebook and use them to generate leads and drive sales.
Interact has a platform that makes it dead simple to build and launch quizzes, with pre-optimized templates you can use to get started in minutes.
We have a special offer for Swipe File readers—just use code JIMMY at checkout to get 25% off any plan for life.
- I just ordered this standing desk from Autonomous.ai. White oak, curve model. I'm pumped.
- Did you know that when you order from Backcountry.com you can speak with a real human who knows what they are talking about? It's awesome.
- Speaking of buying stuff, I've been using the Ebates and ShadowBid Chrome extensions for almost every purchase lately.
- I haven't put much hardcore SaaS marketing in this newsletter lately. This makes up that. It's a really insightful and helpful article from Casey Winters (a true pro).
- This is the best podcast on nutrition I've ever listened to.
- And here's why cutting carbs is so d*mn hard. (I realized that cursing in my emails lands me in the spam folder.)
- This is one of my least favorite marketing trends.
- I was quoted in this very smart article on content marketing.
- My subscribe page converts at 36%. Any advice to make it better?
- I recently made the switch from Mailchimp to ConvertKit—and it's awesome.
- I love this post: How not to freelance: Or, why I finally admitted that I was a business owner
- I picked up mountain biking recently and the Skillz with Phil YouTube channel has been awesome. This makes me think that personality-driven video marketing is way underrated for software companies.
- I recently wrote this post on growing organic traffic—and I think it's one of the most important things I've ever published.
- Unpopular opinion: Pandora is almost always better than Spotify.
- I realized today that Thesaurus.com is an SEO masterpiece.
- The Kevin Rose podcast with Ryan Holiday is really good.
- I'm currently re-reading Into the Wild. If you need a book to get lost in, this is a great choice.
That's a wrap! And as a reminder: please send me random, interesting things that you're thinking about/reading/writing/listening to.
Have a great weekend!
PS - I'm looking to partner with a few great businesses to sponsor this newsletter. It reaches a bunch of smart folks from places like Google, Apple, Spotify, New York Times, Marriott and Harvard. Shoot me an email if you're interested in working together.