I'm coming at you this week from New York City. It's a little different than Alaska, but the change of pace has been fun.
A quick ask: what's your favorite podcast? My queue is low and I'm in search of some news ones.
Have a great week!
As a huge believer in to-do lists, this threw me off a little. It's a great (and short) post with some solid ideas.
I've slowly become a convert to the idea that we need to concentrate on our calendars a whole lot more to achieve what we want in work and life. If you want it done, it must be scheduled. If it's not scheduled, it's just another item on your wishlist that will never be completed.
(I found this in Jason Rodriguez's newsletter.)
No matter how many times you read advice like this, a little kick in *ss still helps.
Making it look easy is the hardest job of all.
Whenever you read something that’s so perfectly expressed you feel it’s coming straight from the writer’s mind, you can bet they spent hours, if not days, obsessively honing it. And that they started with a draft that was just as messy, vague and disordered as any first draft of yours or mine.
This not what you think. A sample:
Be raised with access to clean drinking water, sanitation and vaccines. (Every tech billionaire I’ve ever spoken to has a toilet!)
Try to be born in a region that is politically and militarily stable, to a group that is not marginalized.
- A map of Apple's revenue since 1997 - This is insanely cool.
- Instapaper is joining Pinterest but the real story is Pinboard's hilarious gloating.
- Google to Penalize Pages with Intrusive Popup Ads Starting January 2017 - This algorithm update is targeted at Forbes.
- All 44 startups that launched at Y Combinator S16
- An interview with astronaut Chris Hadfield - I could listen to this every day.